This pink backpack is a great gift idea. The way I made this backpack was I picked what I wanted to embroider on it, then decided the size I wanted. I cut four pieces the same size and sewed two together down the sides and the bottom. Then I sewed the other the same way. Then I folded the bottom corners indivually into triangles and sewed across triangle about 3" in to make a square bottom. I did this on all four bottom corners. I then put the lining inside and made sure the corners and everything squared off. Once I was sure everything was straight I pinned the bias tape across the top of the back pack and then sew into place folding over the end so it is hiden in the back side somewhere. I have a grommet press but you can get a grommet kit or grommet pliers( I will insert pictures of both below). You make the hole as instructed in your packaging. One at each side near the bottom and six across the top ( you can make how as many holes as you desire, but 6 works the best for the drawstring). I have found that a polyester cord works best for the backpacks. Figure out how long you need your string to be to go over your back or over your shoulder. Don't forget you need two seperate pieces for each shoulder. You thread it through the holes one side and knot it on the bottom, and do the same for the other. Hope you enjoy it.
Welcome to my Maria Sews A Lot sewing blog, hope you find some sewing knowledge, inspiration and creativity. Do what you love and love what you do.
Popular Posts
-
Cover stitch done with double needle on a knit dress. I had to do alterations on some knit dresses and went to price out a cover stitc...
-
Today I want to thank my sewing students. I can't believe it's been 15 months since I started the sewing studio it all started with ...
-
I like to keep a soft bristle paint brush near my sewing machine to sweep it up after my sewing projects. That way my area is clean and all ...
-
-
I have decided to start FaceTime sewing classes. The reason I decided to do this is I know not everyone can make it to a sewing class at the...
-
Here are step by step instructions to fix your plumbers pants, so your underwear don't show when wearing jeans. We will be working on th...
-
Memory Pillows I started making these Memory Pillows that I just love. Memory Pillows to keep anyone you love, or have loved and lost,...
-
Join us for February Kid's Sewing Classes and learn the basics of sewing. These classes are for everyone and anyone who wants to le...
-
I am so excited to announce that as of today I will be doing Sewing Birthday parties. It is something I have wanted to do for a long tim...
-
Unfinished fabric Objective (UFO) is something I have been think of for years. The other day one of my students said to me you shoul...
Monday, April 30, 2012
Pink backpack instructions
This pink backpack is a great gift idea. The way I made this backpack was I picked what I wanted to embroider on it, then decided the size I wanted. I cut four pieces the same size and sewed two together down the sides and the bottom. Then I sewed the other the same way. Then I folded the bottom corners indivually into triangles and sewed across triangle about 3" in to make a square bottom. I did this on all four bottom corners. I then put the lining inside and made sure the corners and everything squared off. Once I was sure everything was straight I pinned the bias tape across the top of the back pack and then sew into place folding over the end so it is hiden in the back side somewhere. I have a grommet press but you can get a grommet kit or grommet pliers( I will insert pictures of both below). You make the hole as instructed in your packaging. One at each side near the bottom and six across the top ( you can make how as many holes as you desire, but 6 works the best for the drawstring). I have found that a polyester cord works best for the backpacks. Figure out how long you need your string to be to go over your back or over your shoulder. Don't forget you need two seperate pieces for each shoulder. You thread it through the holes one side and knot it on the bottom, and do the same for the other. Hope you enjoy it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment