Popular Posts

Monday, December 17, 2012

New leather cushions

This is the leather cushion I worked on last Friday. I was so focused paying close attention to detail. This is something new, something challenging I have never attempted before. I loved it. The piping was perfect, the zipper seemed to fit, the corners were great. The bottom was just lovely the top stitching I couldn't be more proud of. Then it was 2:00 time to leave to go pick up my daughter from college. I turn on the radio, I don't understand. What's going on? I call my friend, and say what's going on. She said didn't you get my email? No, I was so into my sewing, I missed everything. I hear shooting little kindergarteners from the radio. What, I start crying, I don't stop crying for two hours, as I listen to the radio. I can't stop listening. I pick up my daughter, we listen, we talk, we cry. I feel so blessed she is coming home this weekend, she's safe. Others are not so lucky. We get a message from my son he got a ride home, he's home safe. I drop her off a her friends school and know she'll be home tomorrow. I call my nephews they must be busy, they don't answer the phone, but they call me the next day because they know I need to talk to them. I call my sister in law to talk to the kids, she says "you don't want to talk to me". I say "no sorry I don't today". So glad I got to talk to them. Off I go to my next stop to pick up my son feed him, so lucky I get to spend time with both kids today. He's playing soccer our normal Friday night activity, that those poor little babies will not get a chance to do. I can't stop watching tv, I can't stop crying, I feel so sad for those poor parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, grandparents and all those poor people that had so see those babies and teachers and tell those parents their babies were the ones gone. I always say do what you love and love what you do. While I was doing what I love, those poor teachers were doing what they love trying to teach and protect those babies.





No comments:

Post a Comment